AHEAD Home Ownership Program
YOUR DREAM OF OWNING A HOME
...can become a reality if you set realistic goals, get sound advice, plan carefully and clearly understand the costs of homeownership.
AHEAD's certified homebuyer educators provide objective advice and unbiased recommendations. Your first step in working with AHEAD is to attend one of our Secrets of Homebuying workshops.
After You Attend one of our workshops, AHEAD provides private, one-on-one sessions to help you overcome financial obstacles that may be preventing you from reaching your goals. During these sessions a HomeOwnership Advisor will work with you to:
- Review your credit report, help you dispute inaccurate information and develop a plan to help you establish or re-establish your credit.
- Personalize and assist in the development of a household budget you can live with.
- Identify the mortgage product that best meets your needs.
- Determine if you may be eligible for any grants, financial assistance or matched savings programs.
- Establish a realistic timeline for purchasing your home.
- Provide on-going support throughout the entire homebuying process.
If you are interested in taking a homebuyer class and are unable to attend any of our scheduled workshops, please we are pleased to offer our HUD approved on-line homebuyer education course offered through eHome America. Click the banner below to start your online eHome America course today!
Complete a "Secrets of Homebuying" workshop and get a discount on your closing costs when you finance your home with one of AHEAD's lender partners. Click here (160 KB PDF file) to view possible available incentives.